Biostatistical consulting in the planning, conduct, analysis and reporting of:
- Clinical trials. The Siteman Biostatistics Shared Resource (SBSR) core consults on and reviews all clinical protocols activated by the SCC
- Epidemiologic and population-based studies and studies in somatic genetics and the risk of cancer
- Experiments in the biology of cancer, including genomic experiments and laboratory and animal studies
- Translational research studies with combined measurements on clinical and biological parameters
- Advice and support in the preparation of grant applications of SCC members
- Scientific computing for data analysis and scientific graphics necessary for analyses of epidemiological, clinical, basic science and genomic studies
- Advice and consultation to the Quality Assurance Office for Clinical Trials (QACT) on efficient and accurate database design and management of clinical research data
- Computer support for the clinical research database
- Education for members of Siteman Cancer Center in the areas of study design, data collection, computerization, and statistical methods for laboratory, clinical and population based studies
In order to better manage statistical work on projects with external deadlines, the SBSR core requires that the faculty and staff:
- Be informed of new P01 and SPORE grant submissions at least 6 months before the deadline
- Be informed of new R01 and K series grant submissions at least 1 month before the deadline
- Be provided with data sets for an analysis for an abstract submission (e.g., for ASCO, AACR, ASH, ASTRO) at least 1 month before the deadline
- Will only work on analysis and reporting for abstract presentations (e.g., for ASCO, AACR, ASH, ASTRO meetings) if the Core was notified at the time of abstract submission and the relevant statistician was given enough time to comment on the abstract at the time of submission
To request SBSR services, please complete the Service Request Form, and if first time user, please see the tutorial for iLab account registration here [PDF].
View the faculty and staff members of the Siteman Biostatistics Shared Resource
Washington University Co-Authorship guidelines apply and can be referred to here.
PUBLICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: If research supported by the Biostatistics Shared Resource results in publication, please acknowledge author(s) in the publication(s) and the support by including the following in your publication(s):
We thank the Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Washington University School of Medicine and Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO., for the use of the Biostatistics Shared Resource, which provided __________ service. The Siteman Cancer Center is supported in part by an NCI Cancer Center Support Grant #P30 CA091842, Eberlein, PI.