This conference has been rescheduled for August 10-12, 2022
Siteman Cancer Center at Washington University Medical School in St. Louis and the NCI rural supplement steering committee would like to invite you to our National NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center Conference
Travel and Lodging
From the Airport
There are several types of transportation available from the airport to the Wash U Med School campus: MetroLink (light rail), ride share services (Uber, Lyft), or taxi.
MetroLink Light Rail System: During the day and early evening hours, the MetroLink is the best way to reach campus. The cost is $4 from the airport. If you decide to take the MetroLink in the evening and you’re staying at the Parkway Hotel, you can call ahead to Medical School Security at (314) 362-4357 to arrange for an escort to accompany you from the MetroLink station to your hotel.
If you ride MetroLink, get off at the Central West End station. After leaving the train, climb up the steps to Euclid Avenue. When you are at the top of the stairs, you are on Euclid Avenue. Turn right (north) and walk toward Forest Park Avenue. Within the block, you will find the Eric P. Newman Education Center on the right, where the conference is being held. If you keep going another block to Forest Park Avenue, on the right you find the Parkway Hotel (connected to the Applebees on the corner).
If you are having any difficulty, please call Security at 314-362-4357.
Ride Share or Taxi: The approximate cost from the airport to the medical center is $35. St. Louis has both Uber and Lyft services.
Arriving By Automobile: The medical school campus is located in the northeast quadrant of the intersection of Highway 40/64 and Kingshighway.
The Washington University Med School campus and the Central West End neighborhood have many great food options, all within easy walking distance.
Kaldi’s Café at the Farrell Learning and Teaching Center (FLTC), open Monday-Friday, 6:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Coffee, pastries, sandwiches, wraps, soup
- This location is great for vegetarian options
Kaldi’s Café at the Mid Campus Center (MCC), open Monday-Friday, 6:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Located on second floor of Mid Campus Center, connected to EPNEC by Link (second-floor walkway between buildings)
- Coffee, pastries, sandwiches, wraps, soup
Farmstead Café, open Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- First floor of the McDonnell Pediatric Research Building (from EPNEC, across Hope Plaza and to the right)
- Breakfast, coffee, soups, salads and sandwiches
- Visit their website for menu
Shell Café, open Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
- First floor lobby of the McDonnell Sciences building
- Made-to-order grill items, specialty pizzas, soups and fresh salad bar, grab and go items, fountain beverages and bottled beverages
- A changing variety of food trucks can be found during the lunch hours at the corner of Scott and Taylor Avenues (behind the FLTC building)
(listed according to proximity to EPNEC – closest to furthest) (see websites for weekend hours)
- Starbucks, 4573 Parkview Place, open Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 7:00 place
- Located behind EPNEC
- St. Louis Bread Co.,
- St. Louis Bread Co. is the local name for Panera
- Tom’s Bar & Grill, open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am – 1:30 am
- Pub-like setting specializing in burgers and sandwiches
- Re-Voaked Sandwiches, 12 S. Euclid Ave, open Monday-Friday, 6:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Fast casual sandwich shop; vegetarian options; breakfast menu
- PokeDoke, 8 S. Euclid Ave, open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Fast casual, poke bowls
- Taste, 4584 Laclede Ave, open Monday-Friday, 5:00 pm – 1:00 am
- Higher end tavern with craft cocktails and New American small plates
- Brasserie by Niche, 4580 Laclede Ave, open Monday-Friday, 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- French brasserie fare
- Wild Flower, 4590 Laclede Ave, open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- American gourmet dining, with brunch and happy hour
- West End Wok, 4577 Laclede Ave, open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Contemporary Chinese, including vegetarian options
- Einstein Bros. Bagels, 2 N Euclid Ave, open Monday-Friday, 5:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Gourmet bagels, egg sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, coffee, smoothies, pastries
- Sushi Koi, 4 N Euclid Ave, open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Contemporary sushi bar, Japanese small plates, tea and cocktails
- Pickles Deli, 22 N Euclid Ave, open Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Deli sandwiches, breakfast menu
- Jimmy John’s, 13 N Euclid Ave, open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am – 12:00 am
- Fast casual sandwich chain
- Rasoi, 25 N Euclid Ave, open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am – 2:30 pm and 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- North and South Indian cuisine, lunch buffet
- Shake Shack, 60 N Euclid Ave, open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Fast casual gourmet burger chain