The Siteman Cancer Center (SCC) at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine and Southern Illinois University School of Medicine (SIUSM) are pleased to announce a request for pilot applications in collaborative cancer disparities research representing collaborations between investigators from both institutions.
The purpose of the funding opportunity is to:
a) develop the skill and experience of SIUSM and SCC cancer researchers to conduct cancer research that is relevant to the population of Central and Southern Illinois and competitive for NIH funding;
b) produce preliminary data for the submission of a R01/R21 or similar proposal; and
c) develop new and long-term collaborative relationships between SCC and SIUSM.
Submissions should represent joint research projects that address areas of cancer disparity which are relevant to Central and Southern IL.
* These are one-year pilot grants that will be funded up to $50,000 (direct costs).
* Applications from new and early stage investigators are welcome,
* We can assist researchers in finding partners at SIU if needed.
* Letter of Intent Due November 20, 2014
* Applications due December 19, 2014.
* Selected applications will be included in our joint P20 NIH application.
Please see the RFA guidelines and form pages for more information, and contact Carrie Stoll (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions regarding the submission/review process.